September 10 – November 12, 2017 New York
RACE DIRECTOR: Mike Nier
Come run one or all five of the best Cross Country races in Upstate NY for Open and Masters runners. Individual and Club members compete for individual age group prizes and team awards at each race. Members of Upstate NY Clubs also compete for Series points, awards, and bragging rights. Series individual and team champions will be recognized at Championship Day on Sunday, November 12th. There will be individual and team prize money at the USATF Niagara Championships on October 29th for both Open and Masters runners.
These races are for the most experienced runners as well as beginners to the sport of Cross Country running. It’s fun for all and anyone may participate. The PGXC series is now in its 28th year and was started in 1990 by the late Peter Glavin. Participants earn individual points or clubpoints in various age group competitions at each race. The five races are hosted by local clubs in locations throughout the Southern Tier, Central,and Western NYS
FORM: PGXCpaperentry (Day of registration available up to 30 minutes prior to race time)
Series Rules (fine print): 2017pgxcrules
Special NOTE for the Oct 29thNiagara Championships:
You must have registered with USATF Niagara and registered for the race no later than 7pm on 10/26/17 to be considered for USTAF awards. Only PGXC race entries will be accepted on race day.
USATF Niagara link: USATF Niagara
We are weaving another 5 races series in between the busy fall schedule:
Current Series Results can be found at: Run4results
|Sunday Sept. 10, 2017||11:00||Clay Park Central – 5K(all grass course on fields and paths, flat with maybe a roller or two which is perfect for getting used to the spikes after a summer of flip flops)||Syracuse||map r1||Race1|
|Sunday Sept. 24, 2017||11:00||Akron Falls County Park – 6K(all grass course on fields, a couple uphills to make it honest and maybe soggy part so you can get some mud on the back of your shorts)||Akron||map r2||Race2|
|Sunday Oct. 8, 2017||11:00||Watkins Glen – 6K(all grass trails, rolling hills and 3 loops around so negative splits are encouraged, but did I mention there is a short but steep hill?)||Ithaca||map r3||Race3|
|Sunday Oct. 29, 2017||11:00
|Genesee Valley Park – USATF Niagara
6K Women(11:00), 6K Masters Men (11:45), 8K Open Men(12:30) (all grass fields, a slopping hill and one of the best spectator courses in Rochester, which is perfect to watch the other two races unfold for the Niagara championships bragging rights)
|Rochester||map r4||**3 races|
|Sunday Nov. 12, 2017||11:00||Finger Lakes Community College
6K Women, 8K Men(Fields, Hills, Trails…perfect. No wonder it was voted best XC course of the PGXC series)
|NOTE: get ready for 2017…. bigger and better than ever!|
The courses will again be mostly fields/trails in our great Upstate parks.
Yes, there are awards but they come without boxes, ribbons and bows:
– Sign up for the 5 race series and get a long sleeve running t-shirt.
– For each race: overall winners receive a bottle of wine, top 3 in each age group enjoy gourmet snacks and refreshing beverages for team winners; as is the tradition.
– For series awards: top 10 in each age group receives a bottle of wine, age group winners receive a special award and series team winners…more refreshing beverages and bragging rights of course.
Once again this year, the USATF Niagara Association has been very supportive and will sponsor the Open and Masters XC championships at two of the series races.
Part of the USATF Niagara 2017 Runner of the Year Series: USATF Niagara Runner Of The Year Series
NOTE: You must have registered with USATF Niagara, registered for the race and this submitted the team declaration for no later than 7pm on 10/26/17
Declaration Forms: 2017 usatf declaration
Awards as follows:
- Individual: 1st: $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100, 4th $75, 5th $50 (each M/F)
- Teams: 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $100
- NOTE: There is an additional $500 prize from the National USATF office to support the winning teams to travel to Club Nationals for the December 9th race in Lexington, KY!
- Overall Winners prize is $100 ($100 each M/F)
- Masters Individual Men & Women Age Grading 1st – $125 – $70, 3rd – $50 (each M/F)
- Masters Team prizes
- Men’s 1st Place Women’s 1st Place
- 40-49 $200.00 5 score $120 3 score
- 50-59 $200.00 5 score $120 3 score
- 60-69 $120.00 3 score $120 3 score
- 70+ $120.00 3 score $120 3 score
|YEAR||RACE 1||RACE 2||RACE 3||RACE 4||RACE 5||Team||Age Group|
Race Results: run4results.com
Can’t run the race but want to help out? We could always use volunteers!