September 10 – November 12, 2017 New York
RACE DIRECTOR: Mike Nier
Come run one or all five of the best Cross Country races in Upstate NY for Open and Masters runners. Individual and Club members compete for individual age group prizes and team awards at each race. Members of Upstate NY Clubs also compete for Series points, awards, and bragging rights. Series individual and team champions will be recognized at Championship Day on Sunday, November 12th. There will be individual and team prize money at the USATF Niagara Championships on October 29th for both Open and Masters runners.
These races are for the most experienced runners as well as beginners to the sport of Cross Country running. It’s fun for all and anyone may participate. The PGXC series is now in its 28th year and was started in 1990 by the late Peter Glavin. Participants earn individual points or clubpoints in various age group competitions at each race. The five races are hosted by local clubs in locations throughout the Southern Tier, Central,and Western NYS
FORM: PGXCpaperentry (Day of registration available up to 30 minutes prior to race time)
Series Rules (fine print): 2016pgxcrules …updates for 2017 coming soon…
Special NOTE for the Oct 29thNiagara Championships:
You must have registered with USATF Niagara and registered for the race no later than 7pm on 10/??/17 to be considered for USTAF awards. Only PGXC race entries will be accepted on race day.
USATF Niagara link: USATF Niagara
We are weaving another 5 races series in between the busy fall schedule, such as the following races:
- Oct 1st Syracuse Festival of Races
- Oct 15th Franklin Park – USATF Masters 5k XC
- Oct. 22nd Mudslog – Fairport,NY
- Oct 28th Tulsa – USATF Masters 15k Road
- Dec 9th – Lexington, KY – USATF 10k Club Nats XC
|ALL DATES ARE ***TENTATIVE***|
|Sunday Sept. 10, 2017||11:00||Clay Park Central||Syracuse|
|Sunday Sept. 24, 2017||11:00||Akron Falls County Park||Akron|
|Sunday Oct. 8, 2017||11:00||Watkins Glen||Ithaca|
|Sunday Oct. 29, 2017||11:00||GVP – USATF Naigara||Rochester|
|Sunday Nov. 12, 2017||11:00||Finger Lakes Community College||Canandaigua|
|NOTE: get ready for 2017…. bigger and better than ever!|
The courses will again be mostly fields/trails in our great Upstate parks.
Yes, there are awards but they come without boxes, ribbons and bows:
– Sign up for the 5 race series and get a long sleeve running t-shirt.
– For each race: overall winners receive a bottle of wine, top 3 in each age group enjoy gourmet snacks and refreshing beverages for team winners; as is the tradition.
– For series awards: top 10 in each age group receives a bottle of wine, age group winners receive a special award and series team winners…more refreshing beverages and bragging rights of course.
Once again this year, the USATF Niagara Association has been very supportive and will sponsor the Open and Masters XC championships at two of the series races.
Part of the USATF Niagara 2017 Runner of the Year Series: USATF Niagara Runner Of The Year Series
NOTE: You must have registered with USATF Niagara, registered for the race and this submitted the team declaration for no later than 7pm on 10/??/17
Declaration Forms: usatf declare
Awards as follows:
- Individual: 1st: $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100, 4th $75, 5th $50 (each M/F)
- Teams: 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $100
- Overall Winners prize is $100 ($100 each M/F)
- Masters Individual Men & Women Age Grading 1st – $125 – $70, 3rd – $50 (each M/F)
- Masters Team prizes
- Men’s 1st Place Women’s 1st Place
- 40-49 $200.00 5 score $120 3 score
- 50-59 $200.00 5 score $120 3 score
- 60-69 $120.00 3 score $120 3 score
|YEAR||RACE 1||RACE 2||RACE 3||RACE 4||RACE 5||Team||Age Group|
BETA Race Results: run4results.com
Can’t run the race but want to help out? We could always use volunteers!