2012 USATF National Club Cross Country Championships
- GVH April highlights: (Details)
Jessica Snyder wins Muddy Sneaker, Liz Matthews second, Michelle Weiler 3rd.
Women’s Seneca 7 team sets record then gets penalty.
Karen Simmonds-Brady and Tim Chichester win 2nd place honors at Flower City USATF Half Marathon
Derrick Jones and Robin Merrill Lorenzo Masters winners at HM!
Missy Senall and Jim May take 3rd at USATF National Masters 10k
Boston Marathon teams run well then find their way home safely
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Tuesday night GVH workouts have moved to Nazareth College starting TODAY, May 14! Thursday night workout will move from Cobbs Hill to Nazareth on June 13.
- Chad Byler (51:17), Josh Harter (55:12) go 1-2 at Spring Forward 15k! Melissa Senall, age 41 was second overall in a great time of 1:02:59. In third place overall was Holly Savage running 1:03:54. GVH Age Group winners included Tim Dwyer, 50-54 58:10; Matt Kellman, 45-49 58:44; Bruce Wilkins,55-59 1:03:22; Tom Lamme 65-69 1:07:44; and Anna Fox 50-54, 1:09:59. Results
- Sarah Loerch won Johnny’s Runnin’ of the Green 5 mile race on March 16 with a great time of 29:24 for a 5:53/mile average. GVH men were led by Timmy Chichester, Chad Byler, Derrick Jones, Mark Streb and Josh Harter. Melissa Senall won the Masters women’s division with a fine 32:03 and Derrick Jones won the Men’s Masters with a great time of 26:33. There were many GVH age group winners taking home nice bottles of wine. Congratulations to all. Results
- Jim Derick was recognized by Running Times magazine, March 2013 Issue, ranked 9th age-graded in the marathon. His 2:27:05 at last years Buffalo Marathon gave him a 91.54% age grading which is a World Class time and equivalent to a 2:18:29 time. Congratulations Jim!
- Ben James, age 56, won the USATF National Masters Indoor Track 400 meter Championship last weekend in Maryland. Ben ran a time of 57.87 despite having to slow down the last 100 meters. Mark Rybinski, age 57, and Gary Radford, age 56, both ran great Mile races. Mark ran a 5:04.73 for 4th place and Gary a 5:09 for 7th. Apparently the pace was extremely slow in the early stages and then they had a mad dash to the finish . . . running their last 400 in 65 seconds. Those are great times . . and that’s flying for anyone. Congratulations gentlemen! Results
- GVH’er Dan Serianni had another go at the USATF National Open One Mile Race Walk Championship at the Millrose Games. Despite great preparation at RIT and elsewhere all winter and a solid strategy to win he took second in a blazing time of 6:10 for the “walk”. The event held at the NYC Armory this past weekend is the oldest indoor track meet in the world and saw many record breaking performances including an American 2 mile record by Bernard Lagat in 8:09.49. Congratulations Dan! Well done! Results
- GVH Masters and Vets are the top 2012 teams in USATF National Masters Grand Prix Series! We received three “Champion” banners and checks amounting to $3500.00 for winning three of the Grand Prix Championships (GVH Masters Women, Veteran Men and Veteran Women) and Masters Men took second. The combined GVH Men’s and Women’s teams scored a cumulative total of 164 points in the 2012 series of 7 National Championship races. The next closest team was the Atlanta Track Club with a cumulative of 118. This is the second year in a row GVH was the highest cumulative scoring team in the country. We hope to make it a three peat. Join in the fun and be a part of an exciting adventure with our super teams. Complete 2012 Results
- Online membership is now live! Click here to enter your information and pay 2013 membership dues (takes credit card – Visa, MC, and Discover) $75 plus $5.25 transaction fee or mail your completed form and check to Jeanne Herrick as before. See General Membership Form for details.
- Mark Rybinski wins age group at USA Cross Country Championships in St. Louis on Feb 2, Gary Radford is 2nd! Results
||Tom Lamme wins age group at USA Masters Half Marathon Championship in Melbourne, FL on Feb 3! Results
- GVH had a blast in Lexington, KY running the USATF National Club Cross Country Championships with fierce competition! GVH SuperVet Women are National Champions (60+): Cindy Ingalls, Carolyn Smith-Hanna, and Jeanne Herrick! Cindy Ingalls (60-65), Mark Rybinski (55-59) and Jim May (65-69) all won 3rd in their Age Groups! Press Release and Results , Pictures!
Come join our team! Membership Form
Switch to our mobile site