June 16, 2019, 8:30am
Frontier Field Rochester, NY
This year we are excited to be partnering with Hearts for ALS NY, a local, nonprofit, volunteer organization who are committed to working to help people living with ALS. All money donated to Hearts for ALS NY stay with local families to help cover costs that insurances won’t cover, pay bills, provide and deliver wheelchair ramps, as well as many other things. Hearts for ALS also provides support in the form of answering insurance, caregiver, and equipment questions.
We are still partnering with ALS TDI, the nonprofit biotech company, who are tirelessly doing research to try and cure ALS and provide treatments to individuals living with ALS.
For more information about Hearts for ALS NY please visit: http://heartsforalsny.org/ And for more information about ALS TDI please visit: https://www.als.net/
RACE DIRECTOR: Mike Reif, Email: email@example.com
- $22.50 if registered before 11:59 pm on December 31, 2018
- 25.00 if registered before 11:59 pm on March 31, 2019
- $27.50 if registered before 11:59 pm on May 14, 2019
- $30.00 if you register after May 15, 2019, but before online registration closes at 11:59 pm on Friday, June 14, 2019
- $35.00 if you register at packet pickup, or on race day.
- $10 for Youth 1 Mile Run
- $10 for 1 Mile Fitness Stroll
- Free Race Entry: to anyone who raises $60 or more in contributions to ALS (See Donation Information section below).
- Members of The Medved Endurance Project receive $10.00 off of the entry fee.
- Register online here: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Rochester/Medved5KtoCureALS
Father’s Day: Sunday, June 16, 2019, at Frontier Field, Rochester, N.Y.
5K race starts at 8:30 a.m.
Youth 1 Mile Run starts at 9:15 a.m.
1 Mile Fitness Stroll starts at 9:15 am
Kids vs. “Spikes” the Mascot (see more info below) starts at 9:45 a.m.
Starts inside Frontier Field
Separate age group races and distances for those 5 & under, 6-9 and 10-13.
All participants who outrun “Spikes” will receive a ribbon and merchandise courtesy of the Red Wings. Register for kids races beginning at 7 am on race day.
The Spikes races are free!
Our race features a scenic course that starts right in front of Frontier Field, runs down toward Oak Street, and eventually takes you onto State Street. From State Street, you turn right onto Main Street and then you take a right onto Plymouth. The race finishes inside Frontier Field, just behind home plate. The course is Certified to be Accurate by USATF. NY#10118KL Click here to see the course map
AWARDS & AMENITIES
1st Place Male and Female: $100
2nd Place Male and Female: $75
3rd Place Male and Female: $50
- First place Masters (40+) Male and Female: A Medved Gift Certificate
- Age Group Awards: Top three in each age group receives awards.
- Male and Female Age Groups: 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Performance Tech Shirts for the first 300 registered 5K participants
Post race food and refreshments in the “Nest” at 10 am.
Digital clock display at one-mile mark and finish line
Computerized race results
Free parking at Kodak Lot D located across from the main entrance to Frontier Field
The best finishing location in Rochester running
- Click here to download a Contribution Pledge Sheet
- Click here to set up an Online Contribution Page After clicking on that link, please include “Medved 5K to Cure ALS” in the name of your Family Site (first box on the form). Continue filling out the template to create your site. If you need any assistance in setting up your online page, please contact Jillian Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (617) 441-7266.
Donate or raise $250 or more and your name, along with a message will be listed on the official race shirt. The deadline to become a Race Sponsor is June 1, 2018. Please submit your message or any questions you may have to Andrea at Andrea@medvedrunwalk.com.
2018 Race Results:
Overall Results: https://pcr-timing.com/racedata/2018/06/als/5koverall.htm
Father/Son and Father /Daughter Results: https://pcr-timing.com/racedata/2018/06/als/teams.htm
5K Age Group Results: https://pcr-timing.com/racedata/2018/06/als/age.htm
1 Mile Results: https://pcr-timing.com/racedata/2018/06/als/1mileoverall.htm
Packet Pick Up
Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at Medved Running and Walking Outfitters. Due to the number of runners, it is highly recommended to pick up your packet at this time.
Race Day: Begins at 7:00 am, inside the main entrance at Frontier Field.
- Previous 5K To Cure ALS Winners:
|YEAR||MEN’S WINNER||TIME||WOMEN’S WINNER||TIME|
|2018||Chris Muldoon||14:22||Kathryn Potter||16:17|
|2017||Omar Boulama||15:21||Monicah Otwori||17:38|
|2016||Omar Boulama||14:49||Sarah Loerch||17:47|
|2015||Teddy Quinn||15:52||Trisha Byler||17:47|
|2014||Teddy Quinn||15:20||Christa Meyer||17:16|
|2013||Patrick Geohegan||15:21||Sarah Loerch||17:41|
|2012||Patrick Geoghegan||15:31||Christa Meyer||17:21|
|2011||Brad Miller||14:54||Trisha Byler||17:38|
|2010||Michael Pierce||14:58||Laurel Burdick||16:52|
|2009||Joseph Ekuom||14:53||Jennifer Dorr||17:35|
|2008||Chris Muldoon||15:07||Christa Meyer||17:33|
|2007||Alene Reta||14:19||Alemtsehay Misganaw||16:36|
|2006||Benard Onsare||14:41||Shari Boyle||17:56|
|2005||Mark Andrews||14:37||Allison Carr||17:30|
|2004||Henry Githuka||14:29||Allison Carr||17:21|
|2003||Samauel Karanja||14:11||Mollie DeFrancesco||16:55|
|2002||Mark Andrews||14:32||Machelle Cochran||17:56|
|2001||Scott Bagley||15:30||Vicki Mitchell||16:36|
|2000||Scott Bagley||15:17||Renee Rombaut||17:35|
|1999*||Marcus Gage||15:38||Renee Rombaut||17:59|
*Race was called the Medved Red Wing 5K
Men: 14:11.0 Samuel Karanja (2003)
Women: 16:36 Vicki Mitchell (2001) & Alemtsehay Misganaw (2007)
Can’t run the race but want to help out? We could always use volunteers!