- GVH Romps on a Tough Club Nationals XC Course.
- RT Turkey Run – Full Results AWARDS
- Results posted for PGUNYXC Championship Day
- PGUNYXC Championship Day – Sunday 11/24/13 @ Mendon Ponds Park
- Niagara Association USATF Open XC and PGUNYXC race #4 @ Cornell
- GVH workouts moved to St. John Fisher College
- Another fantastic Mudslog! Results! Pictures!
- Once again, GVH SuperVet Women rule – winning their team age group at the USATF National Masters Cross Country Championship in New Jersey: News Release. Veteran Men and SuperVet Men were 2nd in their divisions. Results
- Terrific results for GVH teams at USATF National 5k Championship at Syracuse Festival of Races! Men Veteran Team and Women SuperVet Team are number 1! Women Veteran Team are 2nd. Men and Women Masters Teams and Men SuperVet Team are 3rd place. Nice job against tough competition from all over USA.
- Starting Thursday 10/10/13 we’ll attempt to start practice @ 5:45pm to be able to finish in daylight. Same on Tuesdays until November 5th when we’ll go to St. John Fisher Track due to Daylight savings time.
- GVH Team Workouts will move from Nazareth College Track! On Tuesdays move to Genesee Valley Park in the Glen at the DOGWOOD Shelter starting 8/27. Thursday Workouts at Cobbs Hill Park by Norris Drive (near Basketball courts) start 8/29. Start times remain the same – 5:30pm warm-up/6 pm Workout.
- Rochester River Chase Results – Great Job Everyone!
- Another great USATF Niagara Championship/Jenny Kuzma 5k race in the books Results
- GVH teams all score at USA Masters 1 Mile Road Championships led by Mike Nier (5th overall) with 4:44 and Martha McLaughlin (9th overall) with 5:35! Results
- Dana Buchanan, Mike Kurvach, Carol Bischoff and Kevin Vanboden Win 2013 Charlie McMullen Mile Titles In Torrential Downpour Story and Pics , Results
- Nazareth College offers Summer Track Camp for High School Athletes July 15-19 Nazareth Summer Camp
- GVH April highlights: (Details)
- Jessica Snyder wins Muddy Sneaker, Liz Matthews second, Michelle Weiler 3rd.
- Women’s Seneca 7 team sets record then gets penalty.
- Karen Simmonds-Brady and Tim Chichester win 2nd place honors at Flower City USATF Half Marathon
- Derrick Jones and Robin Merrill Lorenzo Masters winners at HM!
- Missy Senall and Jim May take 3rd at USATF National Masters 10k
- Boston Marathon teams run well then find their way home safely
- Chad Byler (51:17), Josh Harter (55:12) go 1-2 at Spring Forward 15k! Melissa Senall, age 41 was second overall in a great time of 1:02:59. In third place overall was Holly Savage running 1:03:54. GVH Age Group winners included Tim Dwyer, 50-54 58:10; Matt Kellman, 45-49 58:44; Bruce Wilkins,55-59 1:03:22; Tom Lamme 65-69 1:07:44; and Anna Fox 50-54, 1:09:59. Results
- Sarah Loerch won Johnny’s Runnin’ of the Green 5 mile race on March 16 with a great time of 29:24 for a 5:53/mile average. GVH men were led by Timmy Chichester, Chad Byler, Derrick Jones, Mark Streb and Josh Harter. Melissa Senall won the Masters women’s division with a fine 32:03 and Derrick Jones won the Men’s Masters with a great time of 26:33. There were many GVH age group winners taking home nice bottles of wine. Congratulations to all. Results
- Jim Derick was recognized by Running Times magazine, March 2013 Issue, ranked 9th age-graded in the marathon. His 2:27:05 at last years Buffalo Marathon gave him a 91.54% age grading which is a World Class time and equivalent to a 2:18:29 time. Congratulations Jim!
- Ben James, age 56, won the USATF National Masters Indoor Track 400 meter Championship last weekend in Maryland. Ben ran a time of 57.87 despite having to slow down the last 100 meters. Mark Rybinski, age 57, and Gary Radford, age 56, both ran great Mile races. Mark ran a 5:04.73 for 4th place and Gary a 5:09 for 7th. Apparently the pace was extremely slow in the early stages and then they had a mad dash to the finish . . . running their last 400 in 65 seconds. Those are great times . . and that’s flying for anyone. Congratulations gentlemen! Results
- GVH’er Dan Serianni had another go at the USATF National Open One Mile Race Walk Championship at the Millrose Games. Despite great preparation at RIT and elsewhere all winter and a solid strategy to win he took second in a blazing time of 6:10 for the “walk”. The event held at the NYC Armory this past weekend is the oldest indoor track meet in the world and saw many record breaking performances including an American 2 mile record by Bernard Lagat in 8:09.49. Congratulations Dan! Well done! Results
- GVH Masters and Vets are the top 2012 teams in USATF National Masters Grand Prix Series! We received three “Champion” banners and checks amounting to $3500.00 for winning three of the Grand Prix Championships (GVH Masters Women, Veteran Men and Veteran Women) and Masters Men took second. The combined GVH Men’s and Women’s teams scored a cumulative total of 164 points in the 2012 series of 7 National Championship races. The next closest team was the Atlanta Track Club with a cumulative of 118. This is the second year in a row GVH was the highest cumulative scoring team in the country. We hope to make it a three peat. Join in the fun and be a part of an exciting adventure with our super teams. Complete 2012 Results
- Online membership is now live! Click here to enter your information and pay 2013 membership dues (takes credit card – Visa, MC, and Discover) $75 plus $5.25 transaction fee or mail your completed form and check to Jeanne Herrick as before. See General Membership Form for details.
- Mark Rybinski wins age group at USA Cross Country Championships in St. Louis on Feb 2, Gary Radford is 2nd! Results
Tom Lamme wins age group at USA Masters Half Marathon Championship in Melbourne, FL on Feb 3! Results
- GVH had a blast in Lexington, KY running the USATF National Club Cross Country Championships with fierce competition! GVH SuperVet Women are National Champions (60+): Cindy Ingalls, Carolyn Smith-Hanna, and Jeanne Herrick! Cindy Ingalls (60-65), Mark Rybinski (55-59) and Jim May (65-69) all won 3rd in their Age Groups! Press Release and Results , Pictures!
- Archived 14-Feb-2013
- Matt Avery is the 2012 PGUNYXC Open Champion! GVH sweeps all titles except Vet Women! Congratulations teams! We are primed for Club Nationals in Lexington, KY! PGUNYXC Results
- Tim Chichester finishes 4th overall (48:13) at Gazette Stockadethon 15k!
- Congrats to our GVH Open Men that raced the Anthem Richmond Marathon on 11/16 – Nick End 2:21:22 7th place, Dave Rappleyea 2:29 12th place. Lookin’ Good!
- David Rappleyea wins USATF Niagara Region Half Marathon title 1:10:21, 3rd overall at Empire State Half Marathon
- Read all about GVH’s fantastic September here! Newsletter
- Congrats to Eddie Novara for winning the Rochester 1/2 marathon in a time of 1:09:07! This is an amazing time for his first 1/2 marathon!
- USA Men finish 4th at World Mountain Running Championships – with GVH’s Tim Chichester Article Pictures
- USA mountain running story Genesee Sun – by Eric Boyce Article
- GVH rules at USATF National Masters 15k Championship in Buffalo Results
- Audra Naujokas-Knapp takes 3rd Overall for Master’s Women!
- Anna Fox, Sharon Moore, Jim Derrick and Tom Lamme are new National 15k Age-Group Champions!
- Master Women’s 40+ and Men’s 50+ teams take 1st place! Women’s 50+ teams take 1st and 2nd! Men’s 40+ team takes 2nd!
- Archived 19-Nov-2012
- IE Cross Country @ Cobbs Hill Park 23-Aug-2012 5K Results, Tour de Pain Results
- IE Cross Country @ Cobbs Hill Park 16-Aug-2012 Results
- IE Cross Country @ Cobbs Hill Park 9-Aug-2012 Results
- Ben James Wins USATF National Masters 400, 2nd in 200m. Results
- NOTE: Rochester River Chase postponed until 2013
- First Race IE Cross Cross Country 2-Aug-2012 Results Pictures
- July – August Training Plans (5K, Half Marathon, Marathon) posted to Member’s Page
- Innovative Edge Cross Country Series Info/Entry Forms added to GVH Events
- At the Mt. Washington Road Race, Tim Chichester finishes 7th Male and qualifies for the USA Team to compete in the World Mountain Running Championships in Italy in September! Jess Synder finishes 6th Female. Results Coach’s Article
- Snyder, Chichester, McLaughlin, and Nier all win McMullen Mile Titles Results: Overall, Open/Master, Age Group, Article, Video
Jess Snyder, Sarah Loerch go 1-2 JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge – Story
- November/December Training Plan Posted on Member’s Page
- National Masters 5K XC : GVH wins 2 Individual (Jim Derick (45-49) andMark Rybinski (55-59)) and 3 Team (Men 40-49, Men 50-59, Women 60-69) Titles, Results, Open Race Pics, Women’s Masters Pics, Men’s Masters Pics,Other Pics
- GVH Mudslog XC (hosted by JLD Equine)
- The race was epic! Overall Results, Age-Group results, Pictures, Video
- August Training Plan posted on Member’s Page
- Jim May, Carolyn Smith-Hanna, and Ben James all medal at 2011 USATF Outdoor Masters T&F Nationals. James double gold! Details
- See July/Aug 2011 Running Times article that tells us what we all knew all along about Coach Reif – Local Heroes: Top Club Coaches
- Andrews, Rybinski, and Grimm are Age Group Winners at 2011 Boilermaker 15K. See details and other GVH results for the racehere.
- GVH’s HOLLY SAVAGE WINS HARBORFEST 10K! Runs away from the field with a PR! Results
- Marathon, Half Marathon, and July training plans updated on members page
- New! See Summer Student Membership form
- Jim Derick takes overall Master’s Title at Grandma’s Marathon!
- Results for McMullen Mile Heats. Age group Results.
- Video of McMullen Mile Elite Race – Nick Guarino – 4:03.45
- Rochester Corporate Challenge: Jess Snyder WINS Women’s Race … Dave Bradshaw 2nd, Jim Derick 3rd in Men’s Race
- Jessica Snyder gets PR at Lilac (after 10.5 miles on Bristol Mountain training the day before!)
- Jen Malik WINS Delaware Marathon May 15th – 3:16:52 – Details
- Dave Rappleyea 2nd in May 1st Flower City Challenge Half Marathon 1:10:42Results
- Check out the All-Time GVH results at National Competitions. When you see them all together they are AWESOME!
- GVH March 2011 Newsletter now online. Give it a read
- 2011 GVH Membership Form Now Online – Join Now, beat the rush!!
- Flower City Half Marathon Training Plan Posted on Members Page
- GVH’s Rappleyea and Snyder win Spring Forward 15K on April 3rd – Details
- Johnny’s Runnin’ of the Green had 41 GVH-ers competing. 15 walked away with bottles of wine for age group awards, 8 won their age group, Becky Duberry won the Master’s prize money (yeah, Becky’s buying beer for all her training partners). There were outstanding times and great efforts by a lot of people including some of our new comers. Age group winners included: Holly Savage, Heather McWhirter, Rebecca Duberry, Darlene Saeva, Carolyn Smith-Hanna, Dave Bradshaw, Jim Derick, Tim Dwyer, and 1st time GVHer Bill Clauss. Thanks to all the cheering GVH folks out there too. It helped a lot and it was great to see you all. Full results at:http://www.grtconline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=716&Itemid=725
- Congratulations to GVHer’s Michelle Weiler (1st place), Charlie Andrews (2nd place), in their age groups at USA National Snowshoe Championships in Cable Wisconsin. Awesome job by both all season long and to finish up with podium finishes at Nationals is fantastic. Results at:http://www.snowshoeracing.com/
- 40 GVH’ers made the trip to Charlotte for the USATF XC Club Nationals. We ran hard, partied hard, and had four podium appearances!
- Sharon Moore – 1st Place Women 55-59
- Mark Rybinski – 3rd Place Men 55-59
- GVH Women Masters – 3rd Place Team
- GVH Women Vets – 3rd Place Team
- Congratulations to our medal winners and to all who participated in the biggest, most competitive Club Nationals ever! Complete results here. Videos here
- 2010 Pete Glavin Upstate New York XC series finished up with Race 5 at Center Park with great weather and great racing. See results here.
- PGUNYXC Season standings: Individual Team
- Turkey Day is approaching! And so is the R.T. Turkey Run Entry Form
- GVH’ers run at USATF Masters National 5K XC Meet in Vancouver, WA: Results
- GVH founder Pete Glavin passed away April 23, 2010. In memory of Peter Glavin.
Jim Derick ran an OUTSTANDING 2:29:45.5 at the Niagara Falls International Marathon on October 24, 2o1o for a PR and 2nd place overall.
Great GVH Results at Corning’s Red Baron Half Marathon, November 7th
1st Jim Derick: 1:12:19
2nd Al Evans: 1:14:20
3rd Brendan Glover: 1:14:58
5th Female Janelle Traver: 1:36:06