DATE: OCTOBER 22, 2017, 10:00 AM
RACE DIRECTOR: DAVE BISCHOFF
Now celebrating our 11th Annual Running of this event!
The GVH Mudlsog XC event is brought to you by the combined minds of some of the most noted events and organizations in the Greater Rochester NY area. The directors of the Highlander Cycle Tour and The Genesee Valley Harriers have teamed up to create this “destination” off-road running race. Born out of a love for cross-country, trails, hills, and mud, the search for the perfect venue near to Rochester culminated in a true gem of a find at the JLD Equine farm in the Trail Town of Perinton, NY.
Without a doubt, it will be an epic 8-mile race that is both challenging and exhilarating with added elements of surprise to the unsuspecting runner. Make no mistake. This will not be a flat boring road race. There will be multiple climbs, beautiful vistas, single-track trails (including the famous Crescent Trail system), running through and around farm fields, corn fields, forests, creeks, ponds, obstacles, and more. We believe it will challenge the runners’ stamina, courage, and spirit while leaving them yearning for more. For the kids, there will be a great 2k race to provide plenty of challenge and stimulation. Our goal is the most fun on 2 feet possible.
The runners will be treated to excellent post-race party offerings. Runners registered prior to October 1, 2017, will receive a Mudslog T-shirt. Exciting awards will be up for grabs to the hearty competitors. Proceeds will Benefit GVH, Crescent Trail Association, and Perinton Pride. GVH is committed to the development of running in our beautiful area of the world and to the support and sponsorship of national class athletes at all ages.
This year we are also proud to be a part of the #TrailsRoc Trail Runner of the Year series
Paper Registration is now open.
Click here for the paper registration form: MudslogXCRegForm2017 Registration closes October 15, 2017)
Adults: (8 miles) $30.00 through August 31, 2017, $40.00 September 1 to October 15 for paper registration, to October 18 for online registration
Kids: (2K) $10.00 through day of the event
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR 2017:
Online Registration Opens July 1, 2017
Closes: October 18, 2017
Register online at https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Fairport/GVHMudslogXC
All runners registered by October 1, 2017, will receive a Mudslog T-Shirt.
Registration will be available at packet pickup and also the morning of the race. See schedule for info.
Saturday – October 21, 2017
- 12 Noon – 5 PM: Packet Pick-up / Registration / MEDVED Running & Walking Outfitters
Sunday – October 22, 2017
- 7:30 – 9:30 AM: Packet Pick-up / Late Registration at JLD Equine
- 10 AM: 8 Mile Race Starts
- NOON: 2k Kids Race Starts
- NOON On: Food
- 1 PM – 4 PM: Awards Presented / Post-Race Party MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE AWARD
DESCRIPTION: Without a doubt, it will be an epic 8-mile race that is both challenging and exhilarating with added elements of surprise to the unsuspecting runner. Make no mistake. This will not be a flat boring road race. There will be multiple climbs, beautiful vistas, single-track trails (including the famous Crescent Trail system), running through and around farm fields, corn fields, forests, creeks, ponds, obstacles, and more. We believe it will challenge the runners’ stamina, courage, and spirit while leaving them yearning for more
MAP: Mudslog map
For driving directions to JLD Equine go to this Google Map, click on “Get Directions” and enter your starting address.
Alternatively, JLD Equine has directions on their homepage (best viewed with Internet Explorer) – including a roadmap in the ‘about us’ tab. Drive time from:
- Rochester, NY: 35 minutes
- Buffalo, NY: 90 minutes
- Syracuse, NY: 80 minutes
- Toronto, Canada: 3 hours
- Cleveland, OH: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Pittsburgh, PA: 4 hours 45 minutes
Links to some of our favorites are below:
- Woodcliff Hotel and Spa – Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
- Hampton Inn – The Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor hotel is easily accessible from exit #45 of the New York State Thruway and then exit 490 West at exit #29 or from 490 East, exit #28.Located in the beautiful Fingerlakes region of New York State and just 15 minutes from downtown Rochester, The Hampton Inn & Suites-Victor is nestled in a park-like setting convenient to The Erie Canal and Eastview Mall as well as local colleges and office complexes.
- Hilton Garden Inn – Experience distinctive service in new, yet familiar surroundings! Located in the Historic Bushnell’s Basin near the quaint Village of Pittsford, and just minutes from downtown Rochester and Greater Rochester International Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn invites you to rediscover our hotel.
- Budget Inn – In Fairport, NY – (7340 Pittsford Palmyra Rd., Fairport, NY 14450, 585-223-1710)
See www.travelocity.com or other internet travel sites for hotel options in Rochester.
The Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY offers incredible scenery, over 30 wineries arranged conveniently as a ‘wine trail’, and proximity to the Watkins Glen Gorge, Corning Glass Museum, and lakes and landscape suited to the outdoor enthusiast. Links to local tourism websites include:
- www.visitfingerlakes.com – awesome site with all the info on tourism, lodging, wineries, sports, sightseeing, etc. that you could imagine.
- www.village.fairport.ny.us – the Fairport Village web site.
- www.townofpittsford.com – the Pittsford Village web site.
Interested in sponsorship? Click here to email the overall sponsorship coordinator
|The Crescent Trail Foundation (CTF) is a footpath in the Town of Perinton, a suburb southeast of Rochester. Twenty-six miles of trail wind through wooded hills and scenic wetlands. The Trail connects with the Erie Canal Heritage Trail (or towpath) along the banks of the Erie Canal, to the Perinton Hikeway-Bikeway, and to trails in the neighboring towns of Pittsford, Victor, and, Macedon..|
|The Genesee Valley Harriers Running Club, Inc is dedicated to the sport of running in general and particularly to the sports of cross-country track and road racing. The main goal of GVH is to field full and competitive teams (male, female & masters) for regional and national competitions in cross country road racing and track events. Simultaneously GVH wants to help promote individual achievement and success on a year-round basis. Additionally, GVH sponsors and supports running related activities throughout the community.|
|The Girl Scouts of WNY brings Girl Scouting programs to girls and young women between the ages of 5 and 17, servicing nine counties in Western NY.|
MUST BE PRESENT AT AWARDS TO RECEIVE AN AWARD
Post race party including hot food
MUST BE PRESENT AT AWARDS TO RECEIVE AN AWARD
|2017 Results: Mudslog-Overall 2017 Mudslog-Age Group 2017 Mudslog-Awards-1 2017
|2015 Results | Photos|
|2014 Race Results | Photos More photos|
|2013 Race Results Photos|
|2012 Results Full – Age Group – Team PHOTOS|
|2011 Results Full – Age Group
Overall Male winner – Dave Bradshaw
Overall Female winner – Liz Matthews 2010 Full Results
|2009 Full Results|
|2008 Full Results|
|2007 Full Results|
Can’t run the race but want to help out? We could always use volunteers! Please email: GVHMudslog@gmail.com
NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS permitted after September 15, 2017. Refunds or transfers are only accepted for serious medical issues.