Founded July 1, 1996, GVH is dedicated to the sport of running in general and particularly to the sports of cross country, track and road racing. The main goal of GVH is to field full and competitive teams (male, female & masters+) for regional and national competitions in cross country, road racing and track events. Simultaneously, GVH wants to help promote individual achievement and success on a year round basis. Additionally, GVH sponsors and supports running related activities and education for youth and adults alike throughout the community.
GVH is a tiered organization:
- General Club (EDP) – Open to all interested – $100.00 Annually (register online or mail-in form: 2018 membership)
GVH Commitment to all Members
- Year-round, twice weekly team workouts (except for holidays and competition).
- Access to coaching plans for various race distances and abilities.
- Individually modified plans at team workouts or by email contact with coach.
- A supportive running community, with age-group team captains organizing events for each group.
- Opportunity to compete on teams at local, regional and national events.
- Financial support at designated national events (typically entry, hotel & ground transport).
- ODP and Age-graded (>87%) athletes may also qualify for other benefits.
2018 GVH Membership Commitment
- Wear GVH gear at all GVH sponsored or designated competitions.
- Be an ambassador for the team. Represent the club to the best of your ability.
- Annual (or more frequent) review of training plans/results with Coach Reif.
- Good faith effort to attend practices and communicate progress with Coach Reif.
- Volunteer in minimum of 3 GVH sponsored or designated events (or approved alternative activity).
- Compete in a minimum of 2 GVH sponsored or designated events.
- Willingness to compete for GVH in at least 1 USATF National competition.
Click to download a two-page printout on what GVH is all about!