June 18, 2017, 8:30am
Frontier Field Rochester, NY
RACE DIRECTOR: KEITH YEATES
The Medved 5K to Cure ALS is held annually on Father’s Day. Proceeds from this event go to benefit laboratory research presently being conducted at the ALS-Therapy Development Institute in Boston, MA.
With an Olympic style finish around the warming track of Frontier Field, this race features one of the best venues in Rochester running. This event has become a Father’s Day tradition for many families in our area. There is also a Youth 1 Mile Run and 1 Mile Fitness Stroll for walkers of all ages.
- $25.00 if registered by May 15, 2017
- $30.00 if you register after May 15, 2017, but before race day
- $35.00 if you register on race day
- $10 for Youth 1 Mile Run
- $10 for 1 Mile Fitness Stroll
- Free Race Entry: to anyone who raises $50 or more in contributions to ALS (See Donation Information section below).
- Click here to register on line
June 17, 2017, from 10 am to 5 pm at Medved Running and Walking Outfitters. Due to the number of runners it is highly recommended to pick up your packet at this time.
Race Day: Begins at 7 am, inside the main entrance at Frontier Field.
Father’s Day: Sunday June 18, 2017 at Frontier Field, Rochester, N.Y.
5K race starts at 8:30 a.m.
Youth 1 Mile Run starts at 9:15 a.m.
1 Mile Fitness Stroll starts at 9:15 am
Kids vs. “Spikes” the Mascot (see more info below) starts at 9:45 a.m.
Starts inside Fronntier Field
Separate age group races and distances for those 5 & under, 6-7 and 8-9.
All participants who outrun “Spikes” will receive a ribbon and merchandise courtesy of the Red Wings. Register for kids races beginning at 7 am on race day.
The Spikes races are free!
Our race features a scenic course that starts right in front of Frontier Field, runs down toward Oak Street, and eventually takes you onto State Street. From State Street, you turn right onto Main Street and then you take a right onto Plymouth. The race finishes inside Frontier Field, just behind home plate. The course is Certified to be Accurate by USATF. NY#10118KL Click here to see the course map
AWARDS & AMENITIES
1st Place Male and Female: $200
2nd Place Male and Female: $100
3rd Place Male and Female: $75
- First place Masters (40+) Male and Female: A Medved Gift Certificate
- Age Group Awards: Top three in each age group receives awards.
- Male and Female Age Groups: 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Performance Tech Short Sleeve Shirts for the first 600 registered 5K participants (Adult sizes only)
- Awards to the fastest Father/Son and Father Daughter combined time
Post race food and refreshments in the “Nest” at 10 am.
Digital clock display at one-mile mark and finish line
Splits 1st and 2nd mile
Computerized race results
Free parking at Kodak Lot D located across from the main entrance to Frontier Field
The best finishing location in Rochester running
Individuals who raise $50 or more in contributions for ALS will receive a free entry to the race and a commemorative Medved 5K to Cure ALS t-shirt.
- Click here to download a Contribution Pledge Sheet
- Click here to set up an Online Contribution Page After clicking on that link, please include “Medved 5K to Cure ALS” in the name of your Family Site (first box on the form). Continue filling out the template to create your site. If you need any assistance in setting up your online page, please contact Jillian Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (617) 441-7266.
Can’t run the race but want to help out? We could always use volunteers!